I’ve worked in the media for about 25 years, initially as a journalist and editor, then as a communications consultant and plain English copywriter. I’ve been a writer and a strategist in newspapers, magazines, TV, radio, the web and social media.
I have an MSc in design science and digital media and have worked in many strategic digital roles over the past 15 years, including content strategy, information architecture and social media management.
My experience as a journalist and copywriter means I can:
- understand what makes compelling, headline-grabbing copy
- unlock the ‘good stories’ within your organisation
- avoid jargon and write in plain English – the most effective way to communicate
- develop a unique tone of voice for your brand
- convert complicated, technical or academic information into easy-to-read copy.
My digital media training means I can:
- take a strategic approach to producing and marketing your content
- improve the information architecture of your website to create a better experience for users
- understand how best to use social media
- work with online communities to grow your brand and reputation.
I also work with a range of design associates to develop websites and other visual marketing materials through my company, White Write Ltd.